Friday, May 13, 2011

Contemporary Cornice

I recently designed these cornices for a client. She has excellent taste, and the room looked great already. She had seen some cornices in a model home and asked me to design something similar to add the finishing touch to her family/game room. (There is a shuffleboard table in the family room - I love that!) I enjoyed working with the client, and tweaking the design until we got it just right. I found the wrought iron medallion in a drapery hardware catalog, and had the fabricator customize it so that it could be mounted to the cornice.


To me, that is part of the beauty of upholstered cornices, they really allow for creativity and customization.

Notice that we kept the design on the fireside windows simpler. It is not necessary to do exactly the same thing on every window in a room.



No comments:

Post a Comment